Frequently Asked Questions
- What does Paycheck Manager's FREE Payroll Calculator do?
- How do I use the Payroll Calculator?
- How do I print paychecks?
- How do I print paychecks on pre-printed company checks?
- Why should I register?
What does Paycheck Manager's FREE Payroll Calculator do? back to top
The FREE Online Payroll Calculator is a simple, flexible and convenient tool for computing payroll taxes and printing pay stubs or paychecks.
- Computes federal and state tax withholding for paychecks
- Flexible, hourly, monthly or annual pay rates, bonus or other earning items
- 401k, 125 plan, county or other special deductions
- Public employees, exempt employees paycheck calculation
- Add 'year-to-previous period' information that ensures the calculation accuracy
- Print pay stub with detailed summary
- Print paychecks on blank check stocks
An employer can use the calculator to compute and prepare paychecks. An employee can use the calculator to compare net pay with different number of allowances, marital status or income levels. It is simple, flexible and easy to use and it is completely FREE!
How do I use the Payroll Calculator? back to top
The Online Payroll Calculator is FREE, so we encourage you to 'play' with it to learn the ropes. We believe the process is fairly straight forward and once you give it a go, it'll become clear.
You can start things off by doing some of the following:
- Enter company and employee information to begin preparing paychecks
- Enter W-4 information like marital status, # of allowances, etc.
- Enter pay cycle, pay rate and work hour, or enter gross pay directly into the earning section.
- Add earning items like bonus, commission, etc. as needed.
- Deduction section is totally flexible, enabling user to add voluntary (401k, etc.) and involuntary (local taxes) deductions.
- You can also enter 'Year-to Previous Period' information for accurate computation and pay stub/paycheck printing.
Please keep in mind that your information will NOT be saved after you leave our website. If you wish for the information to be saved, please give our Paycheck Manager a try.
How do I print paychecks? back to top
If you want to preprint actual paychecks with the eSmart calculator, make sure you have a laser printer (not Inkjet or thermal printers) and the standard 3-part blank check stocks.
The company, employee and bank information you entered will not be saved after you leave our website. The information you entered is used to prepare the check image in PDF format. You can save the check image to your computer and print it later. You will need an Acrobat Reader to view and print.
Because the MICR font at the bottom of the check (funny numbers) is critical for banks to scan your check, you need to use at least a laser printer with sufficient carbon content. There are special cartridges available for printing checks you may want to purchase should your bank have problem processing the checks.
Make sure you do not use 'Shrink to fit' function when setting your printer property because the function may change the specific location on the paycheck, thus causing difficulties for banks to scan. The bank often processes the check manually, though you may be charged if the problem continues.
How do I print paychecks on pre-printed company checks? back to top
If you have check stocks with pre-printed company information or bank information, in order to print a paycheck created through Paycheck Manager, you will need to leave the fields in the Paycheck Information step empty. Specifcally, do not enter in the Employer Information and/or Financial Institution Information depending upon your pre-printed check stock information. The generated PDF file for the paycheck will then leave off the specific information.
Please note: At this time, Paycheck Manager only generates paychecks for printing on check stocks that have the paycheck at the top of the stock.
Why should I register? back to top
- Save all of paychecks that you have prepared for employees over time.
- Generate tax forms (941, 940, W2, etc.) based on your payroll records.
- File tax forms electronically to the IRS (and States where available).
- Calculate payroll taxes and deposit requirements, including employer’s portion.
- Manage payroll, export paychecks data & generate summary reports for payroll and accounting reconciliation.
If you do not register, you can use the Free Calculator to
- Compute payroll taxes and withholdings and deductions.
- Print a check or a pay-stub.
However, we will not save the paychecks and you will not be able to build your payroll history, calculate employer’s taxes or generate tax forms easily.
What states are available for F941 e-file? back to top